Nature has a lot of offer to humans. It is packed with wondrous things we can’t even think of in our dreams. And one such phenomenon is bioluminescence! It is an official word used for defining ‘Glow in the Dark’ that takes place with the emission of light by algae, bacteria, fungi, insects, and jellyfish. It is often seen in marine waters and forests. And the best part is that you do not have to go to a foreign land to experience it.
Here is a list of top 5 travel destinations in India that will offer you a chance to see the glow in the dark for sure!
# 1 Bangaram Island in Lakshadweep
A tiny tear-shaped island with loads of palm trees and blue waters!
- It is among the Lakshadweep Islands.
- This island turns bluish-white during nightfall.
- The waves glow with an iridescent bluish light.
It is surely a vision to behold and not miss out at any cost!
#2 Bhimashankar Forest in Maharashtra
A wildlife sanctuary that is home to enormous biodiversity in the Western Ghats!
Monsoons of Maharashtra bring more than just rain. And it is not about the floods we are talking about. So Relax!
When the moisture level rise in the rain-soaked forest, twigs, tree branches, and rotting leaves, they turn into luminescent fungi called Mycena.
- They emit a greenish light during the night.
- The entire Bhimashankar forest in Maharashtra glows up in the dark.
#3 Betalbatim Beach in Goa
When you talk Goa, you are ultimately talking beaches. But have you ever thought of visiting a beach that glows in the dark? If not, then time is now!
- Betalbatim Beach in Goa is placed in South Goa.
- It witnesses beautiful blue bioluminescence in its waters.
- It has pristine white sands.
On your next trip to Goa, just drop the idea of visiting Baga and Calangute for once and visit Betalbatim Beach in Goa for an exclusive experience.
#4 Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary in Goa
Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary in Goa is a biodiversity spot you shouldn’t miss to visit!
- Just like Bhimashankar forest, this forest is home to glow in the dark Mycena mushrooms.
- In the deep darkness, it illuminates greenish glow.
- It looks spectacular during the night.
#5 Juhu Beach in Mumbai
No need travel to exotic destinations to witness glow in the dark phenomenon. Juhu Beach is here to fulfil your desire!
- This beach has sparkling blue waves crashing the shores.
- The water glows due to the presence of marine microbes.
- They emit a bright blue light.
Planning your next trip to Goa, Maharashtra, or Lakshadweep? Do not forget to hit a visit at these wonderful destinations. Make the most of your night adventure at these places.
If you are interested in knowing more about such places, then do like, share, and comment below!